You can watch all your favorite content on Netflix using these VPN services. Continue reading to know more about it.
How to Watch Netflix Libraries with a VPN [3 Quick Guide in April 2023]
You can follow these fours steps to get a VPN connection installed on your portable devices:
- Subscribe and download any VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Install the application and Log-in using your credentials.
- Now select your desired server, and watch any Netflix library you wish!
Why Do you Require a VPN to Change Netflix Libraries?
Most content titles are only present in the Netflix collection in the US, which is why it is so well-liked. You must connect to a VPN server to spoof your location to access American Netflix from anywhere.
Many VPN providers fail to mask your DNS and IP address properly, resulting in being detected by the Netflix VPN ban detector. Therefore, the list of VPNs mentioned above is the best VPNs for Netflix to watch geo-restricted libraries in your region.
3 Best VPN to Unblock Netflix Libraries [Quick Overview in April 2023]
We have listed down the features of 3 best VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is reliable and secure, with more than 3000 servers spread across the globe. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. ExpressVPN offers a yearly package for $6.67/month for three months of free service.
- Surfshark: With more than 3200 servers spread all over the globe, it is a reasonably priced VPN that is offered for $2.49/month for a 2-year bundle. Surfshark offers more than 600 servers throughout the USA.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers spread around the globe. NordVPN gives you more than 1970 servers around the USA from 15 different locations. NordVPN’s 2-year bundle only costs $3.67 a month.
Criteria for Choosing the Best VPN for Netflix in April 2023
Here are the criteria to check for if you’re unsure how to search for free VPNs for Netflix:
- To obtain high-speed internet connectivity and a fluent streaming experience, the VPN provider must have a selection of servers located in the USA.
- Your ability to stream can be seriously affected by insufficient bandwidth. So, Choose a free VPN service that offers limitless bandwidth.
- The free VPN must work with the majority of popular devices. Otherwise, using it would be somewhat meaningless.
- Any free VPN must be easily accessible and helpful to customer service. This will enable us to respond to your questions quickly.
3 Best VPN for Netflix to Change Netflix libraries [Detailed Review in April 2023]
We researched about 50 VPN providers and out of those, these 3 are the best ones:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Netflix.
- No matter how much research we do, ExpressVPN always remains at the top of the list. Express has unmatched reliability when it comes to unblocking shows and lightning-fast speeds.
- It consists of 20+ servers in the USA and over 3000 servers in 90+ countries, worldwide.
- You can subscribe to ExpressVPN’s 1-year package for just $6.67 per month and you will get 3-months extra.
- It has the facility of 24/7 live chat and customer support. ExpressVPN is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- With ExpressVPN, you get 5 simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with a single subscription.
- 30 Days money-back guarantee.
- Supports 5 Simultaneous Connections.
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy.
- Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands.
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS and Android.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries.
- A bit expensive.
Surfshark – Cheapest VPN to unblock Netflix.
- It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries and 600+ US servers in 23+ cities, all of which are protected by AES 256-bit encryption.
- This VPN can also unblock other streaming platforms like Peacock TV, Kayo Sports & Disney Plus so that you can watch all your favorite content.
- Surfshark is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- Every Surfshark subscription comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 available customer support through live chat.
- Its servers deliver incredible bandwidth and have extraordinary security measures.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee.
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android.
- Based in the British Virgin Islands.
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries.
- A broader audit is required.
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to stream Netflix.
- NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 locations, which indicates why it can be a perfect choice. No need to look anywhere else if you’re looking for a trustworthy VPN with high-speed servers and quick access.
- NordVPN was also among the few VPN providers that could unblock Discovery plus. It charges US$ 3.49/mo – Save 60% on a 2 Years Deal.
- It offers a super-fast downloading speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection when connected to a server in the US.
- It allows 6 simultaneous devices so you can also share them with your friends and family. For security, it has amazing features like Threat Protection, Kill Switch, and Split Tunneling.
- It has the facility of 24/7 live chat and customer support. NordVPN is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Supports 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Dedicated IP Addresses Available
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on Android & iOS
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Faces some downtime issues.
Speed of ExpressVPN on different Netflix Servers
|Netflix Servers||Download Speed Result|
|US- New Jersey – 3||85.3 Mbps|
|Italy – Milan||84.17 Mbps|
|Canada – Toronto||84.17 Mbps|
|Australia – Melbourne||85.84 Mbps|
|UK – Docklands||89.17 Mbps|
Because there is no restriction on data transfer with ExpressVPN, bandwidth restrictions are not a concern. With ExpressVPN, you may stream as much as you want. Furthermore, it’s a great choice for small home because you may connect up to 5 devices to a single account.
What If a VPN Can’t Unblock Netflix?
If you’re having issues accessing Netflix with a free VPN, here are some tips for you:
- Clear browser cache and cookies.
- Disable all location-based applications on your gadget.
- Disconnect and Connect your VPN again to get a new IP address.
- Restart your device.
- Contact customer support.
- Log out of Google accounts on your device because Google caches IP addresses and can reveal your real geo-location to Netflix.
- Disable IPv6 (this is mainly for Windows 10 devices, as it might cause issues on other OS).
VPN that Don’t work with Netflix
In this section, we are listing the VPNs that don’t work with Netflix unblocking:
- Unblock us
- Private Tunnel
- Anonymous VPN
- Panda VPN
- Hide my IP
- Get Flix
- AVG VPN
- Trust zone
Which Country supports Free Netflix?
For viewers in Kenya and Vietnam, Netflix has begun offering free mobile plans. Nevertheless, Netflix subscription prices must be paid monthly or annually in other countries.
Which VPN offer residential IP addresses?
Residential IP addresses are the ones where residential owners and ISPs connect. Some VPNs are certain to give their consumers residential IPs rather than data center IPS. Here is a list of free and paid VPN services offering residential IPs.
Free Residential IP VPN Services
- Hola VPN
- Tuxler VPN
- Betternet VPN
- Finch VPN
Paid Residential IP VPN Services
- Storm Proxies (Residential Rotating Proxy)
- Hola Plus
- Proxyrack VPN
- Netflix VPN
- TorGuard VPN
- Pantego VPN
Can I Change Netflix Region without VPN?
Technically speaking. Unfortunately, this is impossible. Your IP address determines your geographic location, which determines which Netflix titles you see.
So, to change your Netflix region, you must also change your IP address, which can only be done with a VPN.
How to Unblock Netflix on Different Devices
To enjoy limitless US Netflix viewing on Smart TV, Apple TV, iOS, PS4, and Xbox devices, we’ll illustrate how to set up ExpressVPN.
On your smart TV
To unblock Netflix on your Smart TV using your router, follow these steps:
- Select a VPN, then set up the VPN on your router.
- Choose a server location and connect to it. Connect to a US server, for instance, to unblock Netflix US.
- Use a VPN to connect your Smart TV to the router.
- On your Smart TV, launch the Netflix app and log in.
- You’ll be taken directly to US Netflix.
The second approach involves installing Smart DNS on your Smart TV. We are using ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer Smart DNS for this technique:
- Log in to the DNS settings page for ExpressVPN.
- Check Register my IP address under IP Address Registration.
- Visit the MediaStreamer website and note the IP addresses of the DNS servers.
- Press Menu > Network > Network Status > IP Settings > DNS Settings on your smart TV.
- Select Manual Entry.
- Specify the DNS addresses from Step 3 here.
- To restart your TV, click OK.
- Launch the Netflix app to access any Netflix library on your Smart TV.
On your Firestick
Follow these easy steps to get Netflix on your firestick through ExpressVPN:
- Join a reputable VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Start your FireStick and use the search function to look up ExpressVPN.
- Connect to your account after downloading the ExpressVPN app.
- Connect to a US server after you are finished (or the server of your choice)
- Once you’re connected, open the Netflix app, and your connected services will display the Netflix library.
On your iOS device
To install US Netflix on an iOS device, follow these steps:
- Join a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- On your iOS device, visit the App Store and download the VPN app.
- Open the ExpressVPN iOS application.
- Enter your account information for ExpressVPN to access the application.
- Select a server location from the server list and connect to it.
- Open your Netflix app after you’re connected.
On your Playstation
To unblock Netflix on your PlayStation (PS3/PS4/PS5), follow these instructions:
- To unblock Netflix on your PlayStation (PS3/PS4/PS5), follow these instructions:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN
- Visit the official ExpressVPN website and sign in using your credentials.
- the ‘Set Up More Devices’ option.
- Make a note of the MediaStreamer IP addresses and select PlayStation.
- Open the PlayStation.
- To change your Internet connection settings, go to XMB > Settings > Network Settings.
- Click OK, choose Custom, and enter your MediaStreamer DNS IP address.
- Restart your device, then visit and log in to Netflix.
- Enjoy any Netflix collection on streaming.
On your Xbox
Unfortunately, Xbox does not allow for the straight installation of VPNs. To watch Netflix on Xbox, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer is a decent option:
- Subscribe to a reliable Netflix VPN (ExpressVPN is our top pick).
- Install its app on your PC.
- Visit ExpressVPN’s SmartDNS Settings page and sign in.
- Under the IP address registration option, press ‘Register my IP address.’
- Enable the ‘Automatically register my IP address option’.
- You will get your MediaStreamer IP address on ExpressVPN’s Settings page.
- Register your hostname on ExpressVPN. Once you’re done, you can set up MediaStreamer on your Xbox.
- Visit the ‘Settings’ of your Xbox One after launching it.
- In settings, visit Language & Location. Alter your location to the US and language to English.
- Visit Advanced Settings. Click on DNS Settings > Manual.
- Enter the MediaStreamer IP Address there and click ‘B’ on your remote to save the settings.
- Once you’re done, visit Netflix and enjoy any content library on your Xbox from anywhere in the world.
Top 10 Trending Shows on Netflix
These are the current trending shows on Netflix:
- Army of Thieves
- 21 Jump Street
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
- When a Stranger Calls
- Army of the Dead
- Snakes on a Plane
- My Little Pony: New Generation
- Step Brothers
Top 10 Trending Movies on Netflix
This is the list of the most trending movies on Netflix to stream:
- Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness
- Penguins of Madagascar: The Movie
- We Can Be Heroes
- Pinkfong & Baby Shark’s Space Adventure
- Outside the Wire
- Death of Me
- The Secret Life of Pets 2
FAQs on 3 Best VPN for Netflix
Is a free VPN safe?
Even if you locate a free VPN that enables Netflix streaming, it will still come with security threats, including data theft, bandwidth limits, slow connections, and other limitations. In our opinion, these are the main reasons why ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Netflix.
How to change my region on Netflix for free?
Here’s how you do it:
- Subscribe to a VPN like ExpressVPN. (Offering 30-day free trial)
- Download and install its app.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Select your desired server.
- Go to the Netflix website.
- Enjoy Streaming!
Are free Netflix VPN legal?
It is legal and will not result in criminal or civil action anywhere in the world.
What is the best VPN for Netflix?
ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN are the best ones to unblock Netflix from anywhere.
Can I watch Netflix on my phone with a VPN?
Yes, you can install the ExpressVPN app on your phone, connect to a US server, and then stream on Netflix.
What is the cost of Netflix?
Here are the pricing and features for Netflix Basic — $9.99 per month, Standard– $14.99 per month, and Premium — $18.99 per month.
Which free VPN works with Netflix?
The best VPN for Netflix is ExpressVPN. Compared to other free VPNs, ExpressVPN has the fastest servers for Netflix streaming.
Netflix offers some incredible stuff to its fans, but if your location prevents you from accessing it, you must locate the best VPN for Netflix.
With servers in more than 140 countries, ExpressVPN is the greatest and most expensive Netflix VPN connection for making geo-restricted content accessible. With ExpressVPN, you may access any type of video you desire.