How to Change your Netflix Region in [4 Easy Guide in March 2023]
This article will cover the easy steps you may take to move your Netflix account to a different region.
- Sign up for a VPN service and deploy it on all your gadgets. I recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Login with the details you get after completing the signup process.
- Select the server that best suits your needs.
- The next time you log in to your Netflix account from that region, you’ll have access to all the shows and movies available in that area.
Why Do You Require a VPN to Change your Netflix Region?
You may need to change the region of your Netflix app if a certain Netflix series or film isn’t accessible in your country. Because of this, some users may decide to look for material elsewhere. Don’t worry if you love Harry Potter but reside in a nation where the series isn’t offered; you need to figure out how to change Netflix’s area, and you’ll have access to the full collection.
Connecting your devices to a virtual private network is an easy fix (VPN). While free VPNs randomly select servers, paid VPN services let you change servers and protocols. With a VPN, all data sent and received is encrypted, making it hard for your ISP to follow your online activities and conceal your real location.
3 Best VPNs to change your Netflix Region (Quick Overview in March 2023]
We have listed down the features of 3 best VPNs:
- ExpressVPN: This VPN network is reliable and secure, with more than 3000 servers spread across the globe. It has 20 highly optimized servers in the USA. ExpressVPN offers a yearly package for $6.67/month for three months of free service.
- Surfshark: With more than 3200 servers spread all over the globe, it is a reasonably priced VPN that is offered for $2.49/month for a 2-year bundle. Surfshark offers more than 600 servers throughout the USA.
- NordVPN: This is a high-bandwidth VPN connection with more than 5200 servers spread around the globe. NordVPN gives you more than 1970 servers around the USA from 15 different locations. NordVPN’s 2-year bundle only costs $3.67 a month.
Is a Free VPN Trustworthy for Unblocking Netflix?
We never advise using a free VPN because it is impossible to change the server and then the Netflix location with one. Customers must begin their searches inside the pre-defined borders because, in most cases, the area is automatically selected.
How to Select the Best VPN to Change the Netflix Region
Always choose a VPN with these important features in it:
- Access all the popular Netflix areas, including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, and France, by getting around the Netflix proxy error.
- Dependable and lightning-fast servers for Netflix streaming in HD and 4K
- Provides a wide variety of servers. You still have options if Netflix decides to block any of its servers for accessing the content.
- Supports all popular streaming devices, including Firestick, iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Provides a smart DNS function to enable access to various Netflix libraries on gadgets like Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One, PS4, Samsung TV with TizenOS, LG Smart TV with WebOS, and even routers that do not natively support VPN.
- Provides outstanding live chat service around-the-clock and can provide details regarding Netflix-compatible servers.
- Provides at least five concurrent connections
- Strong encryption, privacy protections, and no-log policies are provided.
- Offers a 30-day refund policy.
3 Best VPNs to Change the Netflix Region [Detailed Review in March 2023]
We looked through 50 VPN services and from those, these 3 are the best ones:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to change Netflix Region.
- No matter how much research we do, ExpressVPN always remains at the top of the list. Express has unbeatable reliability when it comes to unblocking shows and fast speed.
- It consists of 20+ servers in the USA and over 3000 servers in 90+ countries, worldwide.
- You can subscribe to ExpressVPN’s 1-year package for just $6.67 per month and you will get 3-months extra.
- It has the facility of 24/7 live chat and customer support. ExpressVPN is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- With ExpressVPN, you get 5 simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with a single subscription.
- 30 Days money-back guarantee.
- Supports 5 Simultaneous Connections
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy
- Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS and Android
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries
- A bit expensive.
Change Netflix Region with ExpressVPN Now!
Surfshark – Cheapest VPN to change Netflix Region.
- It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries and 600+ US servers in 23+ cities, all of which are protected by AES 256-bit encryption.
- This VPN can also unblock other streaming platforms like YouTube TV, and Sling TV so that you can watch all your favorite content.
- Surfshark is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- All the Surfshark subscription comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 available customer support chat.
- Its servers deliver incredible bandwidth and have extraordinary security measures.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android
- Based in the British Virgin Islands
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries
- A broader audit is required.
Change Netflix Region with ExpressVPN Now!
NordVPN – Reliable VPN to change Netflix Region.
- NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 locations, which indicates why it can be a perfect choice. No need to look anywhere else if you’re looking for a trustworthy VPN with high-speed servers and quick access.
- NordVPN was also among the few VPN providers that could unblock Discovery plus. It charges US$ 3.49/mo – Save 60% on a 2 Years Deal.
- It offers a super-fast downloading speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection when connected to a server in the US.
- It allows 6 simultaneous devices so you can also share them with your loved ones. For security, it has amazing features like Threat Protection, Kill Switch, and Split Tunneling.
- It has the facility of 24/7 live chat and customer support. NordVPN is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Supports 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Dedicated IP Addresses Available
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction)
- 7-Day Free Trial on Android & iOS
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries
- Faces some downtime issues.
Change Netflix Region with NordVPN Now!
Can I Change the Country or Region on Netflix Using a DNS Proxy?
Many DNS proxy services advertise that they can unblock Netflix and other geo-restricted streaming services. If the given IP addresses are not blocked or blacklisted by Netflix, they genuinely function.
However, Netflix may easily block any of these DNS proxy service IP addresses. Thus, these services are incredibly unreliable. These services also provide IP addresses from only a small number of countries. This reduces your ability to use the library you want.
Compared to other DNS proxy services, the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer DNS service is trustworthy and operates without a glitch. The best part is that it includes a typical VPN subscription.
Which Netflix Nation Offers the Broadest Range of Programs and Films?
Ireland has the largest Netflix video library, with roughly 6,379 films available for streaming on the service’s screens, according to data gathered and assessed for the year 2021. In second place with 6,361 titles is Malaysia.
How to change the Netflix Region using Smart DNS proxy?
This is how you can change the region of Netflix using smart DNS proxy:
- Subscribe to a Smart DNS like ExpressVPN.
- Register your IP address using our tool of IP checking.
- Write down your DNS server address.
- Open Network Settings from the Control panel.
- Look for DNS Settings.
- Enter the DNS address you wrote down earlier.
- Restart your device for the settings to change.
Signup with ExpressVPN Now!
Changing Netflix Region on Different Devices:
You can change the Netflix region on various devices. Here is a step-by-step guide on changing to different Netflix region on Android, iPhone, Roku, PS4, and more:
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Install the ExpressVPN app from Google Play Store.
- Sign in and select a server for the desired country.
- Clear your phone’s cache from settings.
- Open Netflix and your Netflix’s region should be changed now!
On iOS Device:
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Visit App Store and download the VPN app from there.
- Open the ExpressVPN iOS app and log in.
- Connect to a server in US or any other location.
- Next, launch the Netflix app. Depending on the VPN server you are connected to, it will automatically direct you to the American content library or any other library.
- That’s it, you have successfully changed the Netflix region on your iPhone!
- Uninstall Netflix app from your PS4.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN app.
- Connect to any server from the country you’d like to access Netflix.
- Install the Netflix app on your PS4 after downloading it, then log in with your Netflix credentials.
- Watch any show you’d like on your PS4 and enjoy!
On Roku Device:
- Set up ExpressVPN on your physical router or create a virtual one on your PC.
- Connect to the server of your choice.
- Then, open up your Roku and move to Settings.
- Press Network –> Setup Connection.
- Select Wireless. Choose your VPN-enabled Wi-Fi connection.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password and then connect.
- Once connected, click on the Netflix app and enjoy!
- Switch on your PC and right-click Start –> Settings.
- Press Network & Internet.
- Choose VPN –> Change adapter options.
- Visit Properties and then go to the Sharing tab.
- Tick ‘Allow other networks users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.’
- Tick the ‘Select a private network connection’ box.
- Choose your Xbox’s Ethernet connection –> OK.
- Use your controller to press the Xbox button.
- Click the RB button thrice.
- Choose Settings –> Network –> Network settings.
- Select Test network connection.
Titles Available on Netflix in Various Regions
As you switch from the library of one region to another, you notice a lot of differences in the material catalogue because of licensing agreements. Here is a quick comparison of Netflix titles across various locations in relation to the US:
|Rank||Countries||Movies||TV Shows||Total Titles|
Having Issues After Switching Netflix Regions? Try these Solutions:
You must be able to access a number of Netflix libraries by using the VPNs we advise. However, occasionally while streaming, you could experience the Netflix proxy error.
The mistake can appear something similar to this:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy”
what you should do to fix this issue:
- To determine which server to utilise, get in touch with customer service.
- Try to re-connect to the same server after being disconnected.
- Connect to a separate server located in the same area.
- Log out of any accounts, including any Google accounts, that cache your IP address.
- Turn off all location-based services in your browser.
- Try deleting your temporary files, cookies, and cache.
Frequently Ask Questions About Switch your Netflix:
Is it prohibited to switch your Netflix country?
Due to copyright agreements and geo-blocking regulations, Netflix and other well-known streaming services only allow access to a specific library of content based on the country you are in. This is why it is against the terms and conditions of the streaming service to change the region or nation of your Netflix account with a VPN. However, if users use a VPN to change their region to watch more TV episodes and movies, Netflix would never suspend their accounts.
How to change my Netlix region without VPN?
Without a VPN, there is really no real method to alter the region or location of Netflix. The only legal method is to use a VPN or to physically go to that location and connect to one of their local internet service providers.
How can I freely change my Netflix region?
The simplest method for changing your Netflix location is to use a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Your internet traffic is routed through a server in the location of your choice while being encrypted by a VPN. By hiding your true IP address and substituting a local one from the country of your choice, it can simulate where you are right now.
Which country consists of the best movies on Netflix?
With more than 5900 titles in its library, the Netflix library in the USA is the greatest. Your preferences will determine which Netflix library is the finest, but Netflix US has a huge selection of well-known and requested American content to meet your entertainment demands.
Can a single Netflix account be used simultaneously across many countries?
Yes, you can stream Netflix in different countries with the same account. You may stream content simultaneously on two devices if you have a regular subscription package. Four displays can be used at once if you have a premium plan.
This blog aims to assist you in changing your Netflix area, provide you access to all Netflix library limits, and expand your options for content and movies. Now forget about missing out on any of the best creations; just relax and take it all in.
Based on its outstanding performance, privacy features, and potent Netflix-unblocking capabilities, ExpressVPN is the bestest one in our list of the best VPNs to change Netflix region.