With more than 85 TV stations, a VoD feature, and a DVR function, YouTube TV is a well-known streaming television network. You can watch a number of shows on the platform, such as Jeopardy, 90-Day Fiancé, 22 Jump Street, and Shark Tank.
However, despite YouTube TV’s worldwide appeal, the service is still blocked in several countries, including Australia. You therefore need a high-end VPN like ExpressVPN to get around geo-restrictions and catch up on the most popular YouTube TV series and blockbusters.
Let’s begin learning how to utilize a VPN with YouTube TV in Australia right away!
How to Watch YouTube TV Australia? [Easy Guide in May 2023]
The steps listed below can be used to view YouTube TV in Australia:
- Join a trustworthy VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Install the VPN app on your smartphone after downloading it.
- Open the app, then enter your login information.
- Link up with the US server (We recommend the US – New York server).
- Log in to your account by visiting the YouTube TV page.
- Start watching YouTube TV in Australia to view your preferred stuff.
Why Do You Require a VPN to Watch YouTube TV In Australia?
Because YouTube TV is a geo-restricted streaming service unavailable in Australia, you must use a VPN to stream anything from it. Therefore, you’ll need to use a VPN and connect to its US server if you want to view YouTube TV in Australia.
Therefore, if you attempt to unblock YouTube TV in Australia, the following error message will appear on your screen:
“YouTube TV’s unavailable in this country.”
One question was properly answered by this error: Is YouTube TV accessible in Australia? Not at all, no. Therefore, if you want to access YouTube in Australia, you must use a VPN service. You may access YouTube TV by using a VPN to disguise your IP address and alter it to one in the US.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch YouTube TV in Australia? [Quick Overview in May 2023]
You’re unwilling to spend time, are you? Then look at the brief summary of the top 3 VPNs for YouTube TV in Australia:
- ExpressVPN: It has more than 3000 quick servers spread out over the world and offers top-notch security protocols. The most highly regarded VPN for Youtube TV India is ExpressVPN. ExpressVPN is available for $6.67 with a yearly membership. High-end encryption is ensured, and a 30-day money-back guarantee is provided.
- NordVPN: It has 5,400+ servers spread over 80+ locations in 59 different nations. In the USA, NordVPN has 15 highly optimised servers. NordVPN is available for $3.71 per month. You may get 72% off, three more months of subscription, plus a 30-day refund guarantee with the 2-year plan.
- Surfshark: The most affordable VPN for Australia to watch Youtube TV. It operates 3200+ servers across more than 60 nations. Surfshark is available for $2.49 a month. The best features are available, including No Borders Mode, Unlimited Simultaneous Connections, and Clean Web.
Top 3 VPNs to Watch YouTube TV In Australia [Detailed Analysis in May 2023]
To find the best VPNs for Youtube TV Australia, we evaluated more than 50 different apps. Following extensive research, the following three VPNs were chosen as the top VPNs in 2023 for accessing Youtube TV in Australia:
ExpressVPN– Suggested VPN to Watch YouTube TV In Australia
- No matter how much searching we do, ExpressVPN always remains at the top of the list.
- Express has unbeatable reliability when it comes to unblocking shows and fast speed.
- It consists of 20+ servers in the USA and over 3000 servers in 90+ countries worldwide.
- You can subscribe to ExpressVPN’s 1-year package for just $6.67 per month and get 3-months extra.
- It has the facility of 24/7 live chat and customer support. ExpressVPN is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- With ExpressVPN, you get 5 simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee with a single subscription.
- 30 Days money-back guarantee.
- Supports 5 Simultaneous Connections.
- Verified & Audited “No-Logs” Policy.
- Headquartered in the British Virgin Islands.
- 7-Day Free Trial on iOS and Android.
- 3000+ Servers in 94+ Countries.
- A bit expensive.
Surfshark– Pocket-friendly VPN to Watch YouTube TV In Australia
- It has 3200+ servers in 65+ countries and 600+ US servers in 23+ cities, all of which are protected by AES 256-bit encryption.
- This VPN can also unblock other streaming platforms like YouTube TV and Sling TV so that you can watch all your favorite content.
- Surfshark is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- All Surfshark subscription comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 available customer support chat.
- Its servers deliver amazing bandwidth and have extraordinary security measures.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee.
- AES-256-CBC and AES-256-GCM.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections.
- 7-Day Free Trial for iOS/Android.
- Based in the British Virgin Islands.
- 3,200+ Servers in 65+ Countries.
- A broader audit is required.
NordVPN– Biggest Server Network VPN to Watch YouTube TV In Australia
- NordVPN has over 5500 servers in 59 locations, which indicates why it can be a perfect choice.
- No need to look anywhere else if you’re looking for a trustworthy VPN with high-speed servers and quick access.
- NordVPN was also among the few VPN providers that could unblock Discovery plus.It charges US$ 3.49/mo – Save 60% on a 2 Years Deal.
- It offers a super-fast downloading speed of 85.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 48.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection when connected to a server in the US.
- It allows 6 simultaneous devices, so you can also share them with your loved ones.For security, it has amazing features like Threat Protection, Kill Switch, and Split Tunneling.
- It has the facility of 24/7 live chat and customer support. NordVPN is also compatible with almost all the devices like Smart TVs, Android phones and TVs, iOS, etc.
- 30-Days Money-Back Guarantee.
- Supports 6 Simultaneous Connections.
- Dedicated IP Addresses Available.
- Based in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction).
- 7-Day Free Trial on Android & iOS.
- 5,400+ Servers in 59+ Countries.
- Faces some downtime issues.
Why is YouTube TV not Accessible in Australia?
Australia cannot access YouTube TV due to streaming restrictions. If you want to view YouTube TV in Australia, you must purchase a VPN with a US IP address in order to access YouTube TV.
How VPN Works to Unfreeze YouTube TV?
It’s important to know what a VPN does after connecting to a US server if you’re not already aware of it.
Essentially, the VPN switches your IP address from an Australian one to an American one. This is accomplished by first redirecting your web browsing to a US server (or a server in any other nation you’re seeking to connect to).
The server, which already has a US IP address, presents the search results for US residents when you arrive. How to watch YouTube TV Australia online is also mentioned.
This is allowed due to privacy. In an environment where ISPs, advertisements, and hackers are always trying to invade your privacy, these VPNs shield you by enabling online anonymity.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Youtube TV In Australia?
We looked for service providers that satisfied the following requirements in order to determine the top VPNs for YouTube TV in Australia:
- The power of YouTube TV and other international providers to omit local channels
- It offers a sizable network and a variety of US servers to choose from.
- Robust encryption and additional security measures.
- Never are user data or personally identifiable information logged.
- There are desktop and mobile programmes, and they differ slightly from one another.
How Much is the Cost of YouTube TV in Australia?
YouTube TV provides two subscription plans to users:
|Base Plan||Spanish Plan|
|Cost||AUD$ 77.27/month||AUD$ 35.11/month|
|No. of Channels Offered||85+||28+|
|No. of Shared Accounts||6||6|
|Add-ons||More Spanish content for an additional AUD$21.06/mo||–|
How to Sign Up for YouTube TV in Australia?
You can sign up for YouTube TV in Australia using a PayPal account or a credit card with an American billing address. Take these actions:
- Join a trustworthy VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Use your credentials to log in.
- Connect to a server in the US. The New York server of ExpressVPN is advised.
- Visit the official YouTube TV website and select “Try it Free.”
- Select the plan you desire, then click “Next.”
- Read the plan details thoroughly before clicking “check out.”
- Select your desired payment option (US Paypal account, credit/debit card) before clicking the “Start Trial” button.
- To complete the purchase and connect your YouTube TV account, enter your US zip code and all of your billing information.
- You are now prepared to watch YouTube TV in Australia.
How to Activate US PayPal to get Youtube TV in Australia?
The steps listed below make it simple to purchase a YouTube TV subscription in Australia using a US PayPal account:
- Join ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- Using a fresh email address, register for a Youtube TV account.
- Your Australian postal code should now be a US one.
- Here is how to go about it: Remove all alphabets from your Australian postal code (X1Y2Z3) and add numbers to make it five digits long. Utilize USPS to validate the code.
- You’re done once you provide a US city address and your verified postal code.
How to Create US Gmail to subscribe to Youtube TV in Australia?
To sign into the Play Store/App Store and to create a YouTube TV account, you need a US Gmail account. For this, adhere to the procedures below:
- Join ExpressVPN, then connect to the US server.
- You can create a YouTube TV account using your US Gmail ID.
- For the purpose of purchasing a YouTube TV subscription, use the US PayPal account.
- Watch YouTube TV in Australia with pleasure.
How to Subscribe for YouTube TV in Australia with a gift card?
How to sign up for YouTube TV using a gift card is provided below:
- Join a premium VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Any of its US servers can be accessed.
- Select Gift Cards from the Google Play Store by going there.
- The word “Redeem” is present; simply tap it.
- After entering the gift card code, click “Redeem.”
- You’ve now successfully signed up for Australian YouTube TV.
What Shows are available on YouTube TV?
Here’s the list of some famous and the top YouTube TV shows to watch on YouTube TV in Australia:
- Dateline NBC
- Chicago Fire
- Criminal Minds
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- NCIS: Los Angeles
- Chicago P.D.
- The Good Doctor
What Movies are Available on YouTube TV?
Here are some of the top movies to watch on YouTube TV in Australia:
- A Lie to Die For
- A Wedding and A Murder
- Adam Ruins Everything
- Bad Boys
- Cactus Flower
- 22 Jump Street
- 68 Whiskey
- 90 Day Fiancé
What Channels Are There on YouTube TV?
Following are some channels that you can watch on YouTube TV:
- HG TV
What Devices are Compatible with YouTube TV Australia?
The following devices are compatible for streaming YouTube TV Australia:
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
How do I Access a YouTube TV App In Australia?
Australia offers a variety of gadgets on which you can watch free internet television. To get YouTube TV on your preferred device, however, follow the instructions listed below:
How do I Download a YouTube TV app on Android in Australia?
To download YouTube TV Australia on your Android devices, just follow these easy steps:
- Connect to a trustworthy VPN’s US servers. It is advised to use ExpressVPN.
- Make a new Google account and specify the US as your region.
- Log in to the Google Play Store by opening it and using your recently created ID.
- Enter “YouTube TV” into the app store’s search bar.
- Open the app after installation.
- Choose “Try it Free” and create an account.
- Once you’ve logged into the account, confirm your location.
- Check out the TV networks that are offered in your area.
- Enjoy live TV streaming from Australia.
How do I Download YouTube TV Australia on iOS?
You can install YouTube TV on iOS in Australia by following these easy steps:
- Connect to the US servers of a reputable VPN (Recommended – New York server). It is advised to use ExpressVPN.
- Change your current location to the US in your iOS settings.
- Visit the Apple Store and type “YouTube TV” into the search bar.
- “Try it Now” on the app after downloading it.
- Sign up and confirm your location using your Gmail account.
- On your iOS device, check the TV networks in your location and enjoy viewing YouTube TV Australia.
How do I Download YouTube TV Australia on Apple TV?
How to install YouTube TV Australia on an Apple TV is as follows:
- Enter your login information on the ExpressVPN DNS configuration screen.
- Under IP address Registration, enter your IP address. Go to Register My IP Address and click.
- Activate the option to Automatically Register My IP Address.
- Once finished, select Network from the Apple TV settings menu.
- Choose “Configure DNS” and then choose your existing connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet).
- Select Manual, then make a note of your existing DNS configuration.
- Restart your Apple TV device after entering the IP address for MediaStreamer.
- You may now watch YouTube TV movies on Australian Apple TV.
How do I Download YouTube TV Australia on Fire Stick?
To get the YouTube TV FireStick app in Australia, just follow these easy steps.
- Download and join a trustworthy VPN. The New York server of ExpressVPN is advised.
Switch on your Fire TV, then select Settings.
- Select Developer Options after choosing Fire TV.
- “Allow Apps from Unknown Sources” should be chosen.
- The “Search” button on your FireStick Home should be clicked.
- Find the “Silk Browser” by searching for it, then install it.
- Open your Silk Browser and go to the official YouTube TV website.
- Log in to your account to watch free Australian TV online.
How to Download YouTube TV Australia on Roku?
To stream YouTube TV Australia on a Roku device, follow these steps:
- Install ExpressVPN after subscribing.
- Connect to a server in the US (Recommended server – New York)
- Now, use the HDMI connector to connect your Roku stick to the smart TV.
- Start by selecting YouTube TV from the Roku home screen after turning on the device.
How to Stream YouTube TV Australia on Smart TV?
To stream YouTube TV Australia on a smart TV, follow these steps:
- Install ExpressVPN after subscribing.
- Connect to a server in the US (Recommended server – New York)
- Go to the administrative area of your WiFi router.
- Connect it to the VPN network.
- Install the YouTube TV app on the smart TV, create a free account, and watch Australian TV in real time.
How to Stream YouTube TV Australia on PS3/PS4?
The fast methods to watch YouTube TV Australia on a PS3/PS4 are as follows:
- Go to the TV/Video Services section of the menu.
- Search the list of options for “YouTube TV.”
- Select “Get” from the drop-down menu.
- Now included in the list of “My Channels,” YouTube TV
How to Stream YouTube TV Australia on Xbox?
To install YouTube TV Australia on Xbox, follow these steps:
- From the Xbox menu, select “My games & apps.”
- Find “YouTube TV” in the “Xbox Store.”
- That’s it. To start, only click the “Install” button.
How to Stream YouTube TV Australia on Kodi?
Here are some quick instructions for using Kodi to stream YouTube TV Australia:
- Set up a VPN that is compatible with YouTube TV. It is advised to use ExpressVPN.
Connect your Kodi device to your VPN.
- Download the VPN application, put it on a USB stick, and then put the stick into the Kodi gadget.
- Navigate to Settings and Add-ons on Kodi.
- Unknown Sources are currently enabled.
- Download the VPN application on the Kodi device. Connect to a US server after that (Recommended server – New York)
- To reach Kodi’s home screen, turn on the TV.
- Finally, to enjoy watching your favorite YouTube TV series, download the YouTube TV Kodi add-on.
How to Stream YouTube TV Australia on a PC?
To watch YouTube on a computer, follow these steps:
Install ExpressVPN after subscribing.
Connect to a server in the US (Recommended server – New York)
Create an account or sign in on the YouTube TV website.
Try clearing your cookies and cache before signing back in if you’re still having trouble viewing YouTube TV.
Other Countries to Stream YouTube TV in:
With the aid of a high-end VPN service like ExpressVPN, you can access Youtube TV in the following nations:
- YouTube TV in Philippines
- Youtube TV in Brazil
- Youtube TV in Belgium
- Youtube TV in India
- Youtube TV in Malaysia
- Youtube TV in New Zealand
- YouTube TV in Portugal
- Youtube TV in Singapore
FAQs on YouTube TV in Australia
Is YouTube TV available in Australia?
You certainly can. You need to use a VPN to access YouTube TV from Australia because the streaming service is geo-restricted.
Is Australian YouTube Premium worth it?
Given that the subscription costs 14.68 AUD ($9.99 per month), YouTube Premium is an appealing way to have access to YouTube Music and other video features. Even without commercials, it is entirely worthwhile.
How much does an Australian YouTube Premium family cost?
The firm is significantly raising the price of both the individual and family Premium plans. The family plans are 6.69 AUD ($4.55) per month.
Can a VPN fool Australian YouTube TV?
Yes, a VPN can fool YouTube TV servers into thinking you are accessing the platform from inside the US by masking your location as being in the US.
How can I impersonate YouTube TV in Australia?
Thankfully, there is an easy fix. The only thing you need is a reliable VPN to get around YouTube TV’s geographical restrictions. You can deceive YouTube into believing you are in the US by using a VPN to connect to a US server and receiving a temporary US IP address in the process.
How do I cancel my Australian YouTube TV subscription?
Find the Settings menu by navigating. Decide on Membership. Choose “Pause” to stop your subscription or “Discontinue” to end it.
Can Australians watch live YouTube TV without a TV license?
No, unless you live in the United Kingdom, you do not need a TV license to watch live YouTube TV. If you live in Australia, you must have a TV license in order to watch any live material while it is being shown on television.
How much more is Australian YouTube TV 4K?
You must already be a subscriber to YouTube TV to stream anything in 4K. Still, it costs AUD 95.49 ($65/month plus tax) (as of September 2021). Costing an extra AUD29.38 ($20/mo), the 4K Plus add-on.
Why does YouTube TV cost so much?
While stressing that the channel additions were driven by user demand, Mohan noted that the price increases for YouTube TV are due to the channel expansion. It is worth the cost because there is a lot of information to watch and a variety of channels for consumers.
Can a non-smart TV stream YouTubeTV Australia?
Depending on the type of USB port on the phone, you need a Micro USB to HDMI connection if you do own an Android smartphone. Once you have everything you need, connect the old TV to the smartphone and use the TV to view YouTube TV movies.
When will Australia be able to access YouTube TV?
We are unable to be sure. For the time being, a VPN will work in Australia to access YouTube TV. ExpressVPN is the best VPN we have tested out so far.
How many channels are available with Australian YouTube TV?
YouTube TV offers a whopping 85+ live channels in addition to a tonne of on-demand programming.
Our guide on how to watch YouTube TV in Australia and the best VPNs to use to do so is now complete. In a word, YouTube TV is a US-only streaming service that is not available internationally. In order to get around YouTube TV’s geo-restriction, a VPN is required.
You may enjoy watching movies like Law & Order and Dune as well as TV shows like Alone and Better Call Saul on YouTube TV outside of the US when your device is connected to a dependable VPN like ExpressVPN. Enjoy your stream!
People Also Ask: